Friday, February 09, 2007

happy feet, sad feet

Yesterday is the most stressful day of my entire life. More stressful than making my way through Recto. Ok, maybe it is as stressful as making my way through Recto. Imagine, two interviews in a day, both on different locations, add to that Ayala's sea of people in the MRT station, my aching feet and my grumbling tummy. And what do you get? Renz, ten pounds lighter. Haha... I wish!

It all started right after the moment I stepped out of our house's door. I'm still wearing my ONE AND ONLY pair of leather shoes. Leather shoes with no extra padding or cushion to support my 120 pound body. (Haha... I wish!) Add a pair of socks, VERY THIN pair of socks. Its like I'm not wearing any shoes at all. OK, good start for a very long day full of walking.

I'm late na for my first subject kaya I decided to surf the net muna in our Department before going to Ayala. (hehe...hindi napigilang mag-Tagalog. Nyahaha!)

*Fast forward to _____ building after the interview*

It's past 12, and I just finished my interview in the largest mobile telecom company in the Philippines (clue: hindi yan ang sim ko.hehe...) It's quite OK. Handled the interview very well, and met a couple of CoE students from Mapua. By the way, its UST interview week in that company, kaya out of place ako. Last week pa kasi ininterview yung mga taga-UP. Then, I was asked to return at 2 PM. But I have another interview in Ortigas at 4 PM and I am afraid that I may not be able to make it. So I rescheduled my next interview for next week.

My initial plan is to go to Megamall and eat my lunch there after my first interview. But, TJ texted me and suggested na ituloy na ang interview sa _____ (siguro naman alam niyo na tong company na ito) dahil less than an hour lang naman daw yun. He had the interview with the same company last week and guess what. They offered a job to him already! Galeng, congrats! Hemingwayz, I was already at the Ayala MRT station at the time I decided to go back to S____ to have my interview right after eating my lunch at Burger King. At parang nagmahal na ang BK, nalagasan tuloy ako ng 150 pesos. Grrr...

At that time, minumura na talaga ako ng mga paa ko sa sakit. When I arrived at S---- and asked the receptionist if the interview will take a while, she said yes. If I pass the first interview, there is a second one, then a third. Tuloy tuloy daw dapat. And that means I will not make it to my next interview if I continued. Stupid me, I should have asked that question earlier. Now my feet are really on a strike.

*Fast forward to my second interview in Ortigas*

I arrived earlier than scheduled, so there is some time to relax my feet, get it out from those darn shoes (my feet doesn't smell, don't worry) and get ready for my TECHNICAL interview. This is no ordinary interview. From what I have heard from others who applied at the same company, they will give you a hard problem and solve it by making a code on paper. Well, the problem is not that hard really. It's just like our MP in CS180. But I added too many things in the code and I should have done a simpler and better approach. But that's ok, I've defended myself very well.

After that tiring hell of a day, a nice share of blended coffee should keep my sanity intact. Parang pilay na ako maglakad pagkalabas ng PSE building, pero kinaya ko pa rin para lang makapag-kape. A Brownie Javakula from Seattle's is the best thing for the job to recover the lost calories or Adenosine Triphosphate or whatever. No Starbucks anytime soon because of that silly little planner.

Things to buy:
- something that will make my shoes softer
- THICK socks
- stored value ticket (pero bakit parang sold out palagi?grrr...)
- extra black and ????? pants (I don't know the color, I'm sorry)
- A cool polo (from G2000. Sale sila hanggang Feb 20. 40% off!)
- A shirt from oxygen (my official outfit sponsor. ganda talaga ng mga shirts nila)
- perfume/cologne/whatever pampabango (because I'm always borrowing the perfume at the sala without permission)
- a valentine's gift for myself. A love doll maybe. haha! joke.

P.S.
Starting now, I will be using larger fonts. =)

No comments: